Sarajevo through HistoryAustro-Hungarian period › Officers’ Casino (Army Hall B&H)
Officers’ Casino (Army Hall B&H)
Officers’ Casino (Army Hall B&H)
The Officers’ Casino was built in 1881 according to Karl Pařík’s design.
Location: Old Town
The Officers’ Casino was built in 1881 according to Karl Pařík’s design. It was the core of Sarajevo’s social life in late 19th and early 20th century up until the construction of the Country House also known as the "Gentlemen's Club”(present-day National Theatre). The Army Hall of Bosnia and Herzegovina has been used by the military ever since its establishment for various purposes. It holds two grand halls for receptions and cultural events. This was the venue of the first military music concert (1881), numerous art exhibitions, public lectures...
Other related objects